Procedures for Disputed Bills

If you have a question or complaint about your service or billing, please call (209) 785-2211 or (209) 786-2211 or (800) 253-2511 (Toll Free). If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us, you may contact:

The California Public Utilities
Commission's Consumer Affairs Branch
(800) 649-7570 or (415) 703-4973
(Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
(800) 229-6846 (TTY)

Web Address:

To avoid having your service discontinued, deposit the disputed amount of the bill, along with an explanation of the dispute to:

California Public Utilities Commission
Consumer Affairs Branch
State of California
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2003
San Francisco, California 94102-3298

The Commission will review the basis of the billed amount and make disbursement in accordance with its findings. The Federal Communications Commission is responsible for authorizing interstate access charges. Residence customers and single-line businesses are assessed a $6.50 monthly fee per line. Any questions regarding the interstate access charge portion of your bill should be directed to:

Federal Communications Commission
Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
(888) 225-5322 (Voice)
(888) 835-5322 (TTY)

Web Address: